If you wish to generate some glitch-patterns from your webcam or from existing mov-files, and you have osx leo or later then pls. scroll down, download and try it. (alpha!!!)
ok then, let see how does it works:
1. after the start up screen push command+i
2. you will need a source, the movie is the default (so you need to drop a ‘mov’ file to the ‘dropyourmovie’ field), or choose the webcam with the ‘movie/live’ switcher.
3. in this version you have pixel or(and) line renderer (you can switch with the enable)
4. there are 3 different play modes as linear (rendering from left to right) or glitchy mode or the symmetrical player.
5. you can apply effects from the list.
6. with the adjust of the ‘resize’ methods you can get different results and also you can animate the ‘resize pixels high’ with the switcher ‘animatehigh’. After enable the animate you can use the slider to adjust the level of the animation.
7. line offset is easy, working in ‘enableline’ mode, but if you animate with the ‘animateline’ switchers, the sliders are working only with bigger number then zero.
8. if you have some nice result stop with the ‘run’ switcher and make a screenshot (now its just working with the command+shift+F4) later will be picture renderer.
9. if you have a nice screenshot, don’t forget to send me, i will be more than happy:)
10. pixelnoizz switcher is working in pixelmode.
tip: try it with more combinations and use different movies (old film, black background animation or whatever)
Conclusion: its a toy, a test application for glitch and non glitch lovers.
Made with quartz composer. Credits: Kineme GL tools, Vade‘s movie loader (saved the project) and glitch (for glitch effect) and Toneburst‘s reflect (for symmetrical player).